Mumbai: Kangana Ranaut and Shiv Sena leaders engaged in a verbal spat after the former compared Mumbai to PoK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir). Responding to Kangana’s statement, Sanjay Raut of Shiv Sena said that if Kangana feels unsafe in Mumbai, then she should not come to the city, to which Kangana responded that she would come to Mumbai on September 9 and challenged anyone to stop her. Following the events, many social media users and political leaders have appealed to the Central govt. to provide Kangana security. Just before her arrival in Mumbai, the Central govt. has granted Y plus security to her.
Several social media users have pledged their support to Kangana. Meanwhile, Karni Sena has come forward to pledge their support to Kangana. According to The Week and TOI, Karni Sena said its members will provide security to Kangana Ranaut and escort her from airport to her home. Since then, a picture of convoy of vehicles is going viral across social media with a claim that, in order to protect Kangana Ranaut, Karni Sena left for Mumbai with over 1000 vehicles.
A parody account of Kangana posted these fake photos which got over 2K RTs.
A Facebook user, “Awadh Bihari Verma” has posted the same picture in a public group “Sudhir Chaudhary” with a claim, “कंगना राणावत के सम्मान में, 1000 गाड़ियों के साथ करणी सेना महाराष्ट्र रवाना। जय भवानी जय राजपूताना। अब देखो हमारी ताकत।।।जय श्री राम “. The viral post has garnered over 7.6k comments and 15k shares.
Another Twitter user @AnjaliYadav007 shared the same images with the same claim in her handle.
A reverse image search of the above images directed us to social media posts between 2016 and 2017. A Facebook user “Barmer Congress” has shared this picture on 22 March 2016, with a caption, “Carcade of #RPCC CHief Shri Sachin Pilot and #AICC Secretary Shri Harish Chaudhary”.
A Twitter user @KrantiTiwari1 has tweeted the above image on March 22, 2016 claiming that the convoy is of Rajasthan PCC chief Sachin Pilot.
— Kranti Tiwari INC (@KrantiTiwari1) March 22, 2016
— Army ka FeN.(Ankit ) (@AnkitPr21021684) March 5, 2017
Conclusion: It is evident that the viral pictures are not from Karni Sena’s convoy reaching Mumbai. Old images are shared on social media claiming it to be of Karni Sena’s. The viral claims are false and misleading.