Skip to content
Facto News
  • Viral News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
Facto News
Politics

Chamber approves text that changes the location of the LGBT+ Parade in SP and prohibits the presence of minors

BySimon Rousseau Posted onMay 22, 2026 11:31 amMay 22, 2026 11:31 am
Chamber approves text that changes the location of the LGBT+ Parade in SP and prohibits the presence of minors

The São Paulo City Council approved, on Wednesday (20), a bill that could change the location where the LGBT+ Pride Parade is held and prohibit the presence of children and teenagers at the event.

The text, authored by councilor Rubinho Nunes (União Brasil-SP), was approved in a symbolic vote, with 45 votes in favor and 10 against, but it will still need to be voted on in two rounds in the plenary for it to be sent for sanction or veto by Mayor Ricardo Nunes (MDB-SP).

The proposal foresees restrictions even for minors accompanied by guardians and requires that future Parade events take place in closed spaces. The text establishes cumulative fines for each infraction, which, together, can reach up to R$1 million in case of non-compliance.

“The occupation and closure of public roads for the holding of the events referred to in this Law is prohibited, which must be held in a closed space properly designed for the gathering of people”, highlights an excerpt from the document.

Also read

Flávio says meeting with Trump depends on the White House: “Nobody asked”

Senator denies having requested a meeting with the US president amid tension after case involving Daniel Vorcaro

Lula reinforces pre-campaign top team with an eye on Flávio’s crisis

Group has held two weekly meetings and reinforced PT’s digital strategy

Currently, São Paulo’s LGBT+ Pride Parade is considered the largest in the world. The event, which this year celebrates its 30th edition and has the theme “The street calls, the ballot box confirms”, has occupied Avenida Paulista for 29 years, following the route with trams and blocks of protesters.

Last year, the event brought together an estimated audience of 4 million people, including tourists of different nationalities. According to the city of São Paulo, the event generated more than R$548 million in the São Paulo economy.

In a statement, ParadaSP, the organization responsible for organizing the event, highlighted that Rubinho Nunes’ proposal is “visibly unconstitutional, LGBTphobic, and raises concerns in relation to constitutional rights linked to free expression, family coexistence and the democratic occupation of public space”. The group states that, despite the text, the Parade will continue on the streets, “occupying this space as a territory of citizenship, diversity and freedom”.

Simon Rousseau
Simon Rousseau

Hello, I'm Simon, a 39-year-old cinema enthusiast. With a passion for storytelling through film, I explore various genres and cultures within the cinematic universe. Join me on my journey as I share insights, reviews, and the magic of movies!

Billionaire says debt is just the beginning of turbulence that will reshape the US
Billionaire says debt is just the beginning of turbulence that will reshape the US
May 22, 2026May 22, 2026
Shaquille O’Neal gets 4th degree at age 54 and says never stop learning
Shaquille O’Neal gets 4th degree at age 54 and says never stop learning
May 22, 2026May 22, 2026
Risk Map: Bolsonarist silence on the networks sparked an alert in Flávio’s campaign
Risk Map: Bolsonarist silence on the networks sparked an alert in Flávio’s campaign
May 22, 2026May 22, 2026
He became rich with a cosmetics empire, but gave it all up to become a priest
He became rich with a cosmetics empire, but gave it all up to become a priest
May 22, 2026May 22, 2026
TSE understands that using the church to promote candidacies is an abuse of power
TSE understands that using the church to promote candidacies is an abuse of power
May 22, 2026May 22, 2026

Facto News
  • About us
  • Contact us

© 2010 - 2026 Facto News - [email protected]

  • Viral News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Health
Search